Are you interested in an internship in the field of agribusiness? If so, please see below for information about Agribusiness Internships in the Midwest with Nationwide Insurance. They are accepting applications now!
You can find more information about careers with Nationwide Insurance here.
Nationwide Agribusiness Internships
These are Intern positions that will service our Farmowner accounts in numerous states:
- Midwest Region
- Wisconsin/Eastern Minnesota
- North Dakota/South Dakota/Western Minnesota
Interns will utilize Nationwide Agribusiness loss control practices to evaluate current insured accounts. Under general supervision, the intern will identify and document hazards, exposures and potential loss causing activities in farm operations. The ideal candidate will have an agricultural background and working toward an agricultural and/or safety degree.
RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Farm Risk Management Consultant
- Conduct on-site inspections of Farmowner policy holders and complete surveys that will provide information useful to the Marketing/Sales departments in retaining and securing new business.
- Verify building dimensions and gather other pertinent underwriting information that will assist the underwriting staff in risk selection, insurance to value reports, and ongoing account management.
- Provide comprehensive reports that address hazards and controls associated with all lines of insurance coverage. Reports will be written for existing and prospective clients.
- Identifies and documents unsafe acts and conditions associated with clients operations. Provides a written summary of the site inspection and formulates recommendations for appropriate corrective actions.
- Education: Undergraduate or graduate studies in occupational/industrial safety or agricultural sciences related curriculums preferred.
- Experience: Two years of academic studies or work experience in Loss Control, Safety, Agriculture Business, or related field preferred.
- Knowledge: Insurance and Loss Control knowledge is desired. Exposure to safety environments, construction concepts and agricultural terms is beneficial.
- Skills/Competencies: Oral and written communication skills to interact with agents, policyholders, managers, third parties, other departments and team members. Ability to operate a personal computer and related processing systems. Ability to use normal business and safety equipment. Ability to efficiently prioritize work schedule.
Working Conditions: Position based in the field. Frequent travel required. Must have personal auto and a valid driver’s license while maintaining a good driving record. Must be able to make physical inspections. Must be able to climb, stoop, bend, balance on various heights, crawl and lift up to 50 lbs.
In addition, a laptop computer, printer, digital camera & all supplies required to perform the job will be provided and mileage is reimbursed at current IRS guidelines.
This is a full time position during the summer months and can be a part time position after that. Actual work duration is at the discretion of Nationwide Agribusiness.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to:
Risk Management Consultant
Agribusiness Risk Management
MOBILE: (515) 231-1133
OFFICE: (515) 827-9915
This information was obtained directly from Scott Bell, a member of our External Advisory Board for the Agricultural Safety and Health graduate program. He is a Senior Consultant in Risk Management Services with Nationwide.